Another extremely clear night here so I decided to go after another target. This time it was M17, also known as the Omega Nebula. I managed to get a pretty good polar alignment this time and I think I have isolated the electrical noise issue I had last time and should have it fixed soon. Once again I am incredibly impressed with how the SBIG camera has performed.
- Telescope - Stellarvue SV105
- Camera - SBIG ST-8300M
- Exposure - M17 - 10 x 5min (L) 4 x 5min (RGB)
- Mount - Skywatcher EQ6 (with EQMOD)
- Guider - SBIG ST-i (Off axis guider)
- Location - Nelspruit, South Africa
- Software - Image Acquisition in CCDOps, processing in PixInsight