Finally got my first clear night in several weeks with an unbelievably warm temperature for February in Illinois. I setup the scope, took flats, got everything polar aligned and was able to get a few decent subs of the Orion Nebula before I got too cold to have fun anymore. Guiding was pretty good and the end results were satisfying.
This is the first time this winter I was able to setup and shoot with Orion in the clearing between the trees I have obstructing my southern view so it was nice to finally get an image I was able to process properly. This image is the second one where I have tried combining several shorter time subs with longer subs in Photoshop to enhance the central bright area.
Subs: 20x60sec ISO400, 10x5sec ISO100, 20 Darks each, 20 Flats ISO100, 10 Flats ISO400
Acquired with BackyardEOS and Canon XSi modified, SSAG and PHD guiding, Celestron EdgeHD 9.25 on CGEM, Hyperstar lens, stacked in Deep Sky Stacker, processed in Photoshop CS2
Here is the result: