New gear. Yay! \o/
So my astro imaging life just got a little easier.
I just acquired a new (to me) Scope Buggy that's setup all purdy-like for getting to better spots in my yard.
It's got some saweet bonus features:
- It has pneumatic wheels so as to roll real easy on my gravel driveway and around my yard.
- It has leveling pins to both level and (more importantly) lift the wheels off the ground.
- It has a tray to hold the battery (in the cooler).
- It has dampening pads that the tripod feet sit on.
- It has a removable pull handle so once it's parked the handle is not in the way.
- It has adjustable components to custom fit the tripod legs where I want them.
- It's the "mini" version so it's not too large.
The only thing it's missing is a place to put my extension cord and laptop table. I may just add those things though since it's plenty sturdy enough to handle it.
This has made setup much easier. I only need to make 2 trips instead of 4 or 5 and I can wheel it comfortably pretty much anywhere I want to put it in my yard.
Thanks to Miquel for hooking me up with it. It has already been happy in it's new home.
I'm also including a picture of my scope frozen to death in the bitter cold last week. What fun!