|Tip Title: |
|My approach to becoming an astrophotographer|
So far I've learned that for astrophotography:
- Polar alignment is number one in importance. Get and learn to use the polar alignment scope.
- Learning to achieve an accurate focus is frustrating but a mandatory entrance condition. Seeking out sites with better seeing conditions becomes the holy grail to help achieve great focus.
- Get an autoguider.
- Get a motorized focuser.
- You can start with a Digital Single Lens Reflex camera to learn all the steps.
- Start learning how to process astro photographs. I've been learning about many software apps.
- Join the user groups for your equipment and software.